Training for Professionals
Jane’s dementia practice is enhanced by her research and education experience in Health and Social Care and Nursing. She has created the DUETcare™ model which is a comprehensive training programme delivered in a modular/unit manner in order to benefit people living with dementia, informal carers, caring professionals, reablement teams, local businesses via dementia friendly communities and Health and Social Care professionals involved in caring for people who have dementia and their families.
The focus of the DUETcare™ (Dignity Understanding & Empathy Training) philosophy is to develop a connection between the individual requiring care and all persons enabling, empowering or providing their care and for people who have dementia to feel understood; carers will feel resourced and able to care by providing a consistent and overarching approach which accommodates individual solutions.
DUETcare™ has a commitment to personal development for the carers/professionals it trains and provides mentoring and coaching. DUETcare™ training is creative and innovative which inspires the people it trains and can improve staff satisfaction and sustainability of learning outcomes which subsequently impacts on recruitment and retention of staff.
Based on core values of putting the care back into Health and Social Care, DUETcare™ focuses on the person living with dementia and the people around them – this is at the heart of the suite of DUETcare™ training sessions.
Patient and Carer involvement
The design and flexibility of DUETcare™ has been informed by listening to the voice and observing people who have dementia through both practitioner experience and through the PhD research interviews and conversations carried out by Dr. Jane Mullins, creator of DUETcare™. The overall process in design, delivery and assessment will include the engagement and involvement of people who have dementia.
DUETcare™ was created as a flexible provision of specialist training modules with a particular emphasis on local populations and the local issues initially in Wales.
- DUETcare™ is mapped to the Dementia Learning & Development Framework for Wales
- DUETcare™ uses a creative innovative approach to learning using experiential methods
- DUETcare™ is developed by a nurse, rehabilitation officer and psychologist with research experience at PhD level and carer experience of family members living with dementia
- Training content directly links research to practice
- DUETcare™ offers a modular approach making it accessible to all learners and flexible to their learning needs and can be transferable to all staff involved in caring for people with dementia
- DUETcare™ follows a values-based approach and not just on awareness
- DUETcare™ will be evaluated by quantitative and qualitative methods and will evolve based on those results to ensure it produces the outcomes required
- DUETcare™ is linked to National Occupational Standards for Health and Social Care
- DUETcare™ fulfils the Welsh Government’s Programme for Government
- Informed by the Welsh Government’s Wellbeing and Social Services act DUETcare™ will explore the specific needs of the Welsh population taking account of equality and diversity
- In line with QAA requirements DUETcare™
- Considers greater diversity of human experience
- Draws from interdisciplinary perspective
- Analyses evidence
- Considers local, national and global issues
- Aims to add to evidence
- Develops employability skills
- Consults stakeholders
- Designs assessment strategies to indicate progression of studies
- Develops knowledge, skills and attitudes
Please contact email@example.com for more information on how Jane can help you with your dementia care training needs