Announcing the Ultimate Self Help Book for Dementia Caregivers
Finding the Light in Dementia,
A Guide for Families, Friends and Caregivers
By Dr Jane M Mullins, Dementia Nurse Consultant
Feeling Overwhelmed and Alone?
Not Knowing Where to Turn for Help?
Finding the Light in Dementia will help you care with confidence by:
- Explaining how dementia can affect a person and their behaviour
- Offering tips and approaches to help you know what to say and do
- Providing caregiver stories to learn from their experience
- Easy to read, bite sized information
- Short chapters with summaries
- Notes pages to turn into a personal care plan/journal
Reduce your Stress Today and Click on the Button Below
In This Book You Will Learn:
• How to communicate and stay connected with your loved one
• What to say and do during difficult and challenging moments
• How to care with confidence
• How to reduce distress and stress in yourselves
Know How to Respond to Changes in Mood & Behaviour
“Caring for Mum who has Alzheimer’s has been made much easier after reading this book.
Practical suggestions that family and paid caregivers can work on together has created greater consistency of care.
Mum is happier and less anxious. Brilliant resource.
Finding the Light in Dementia provides chapters on:
What to do following a diagnosis
How to be calm and safe at home
How to provide personal care without resistance
How to avoid stress and distress
Tips for eating, drinking and sleeping well
How to respond to changes in moods and behaviour
Learn to communicate through enjoyable activities together
Caring for yourself as loved one and carer
“This is an excellent guide for anyone who has a family member or friend suffering with dementia. Really helpful advice & explanations on why certain behaviours happen & how to cope with them.
The best bit about this book is it is easy to read – short chapters & clearly written.
It’s also helpful to have sections for making notes about your own circumstances, the idea being that you have the day to day information to take to a doctor if needed.
The book truly does “find the light” in all stages of that journey. It is a very positive book & has real tips & techniques for dealing with the situation of having a loved one suffering from such a cruel disease.” –